|Title:||Licensed Clinical Social Worker|
|Department:||Home Health and Hospice|
|Hours per Week:||PRN|
The purpose of Minidoka Memorial Hospital is to provide and promote high-quality, compassionate, primary health care services and health education to residents of, and visitors to, the Mini-Cassia region. We provide excellent benefits and small town environment.
The position will provide direct services to patients, including assessments, treatment plans and discharge planning. Services will be based on patients’ psychosocial assessment and the patient’s and family’s needs and acceptance. The position will assist patients in finding the proper resources to get the care or supplement they need to sustain a certain quality of life.
- Resolve social or emotional problems that are or are expected to be an impediment to the effective treatment of the patient’s medical condition or rate of recovery
- Develop plans of care to indicate how the services which are required necessitate the skills of a social worker
- Provide services under the direction of a physician and gain physician approval of the plan of care
- Perform services safely and effectively
- Assess the social and emotional factors related to the patient’s illness, need for care, response to treatment, and adjustment to care
- Assess the relationship of the patient’s medical and nursing requirements to the patient’s home situation, financial resources and availability of community resources
- Provide counselling services to the patient and family to assist the patient and family in minimizing stress and problems that include but are not limited to, the patient and family’s adjustment to the terminal illness, the social and emotional factors related to the terminal illness, the presence or absence of adequate coping mechanisms, the family dynamics and communication patterns, financial resources or constraints, the caregiver’s ability to function effectively, identifying obstacles and risk factors which may affect compliance with the plan of care, and identifying family support systems to help facilitate coping with end of life issues
- Obtain available community resources to assist in resolving the patient’s problem
- Provide counseling services that are required by the patient
- Provide medical social services to the patient’s family member or caregiver on a short-term basis when the HHA can demonstrate that a brief intervention is necessary to remove a clear and direct impediment to the effective treatment of the patient’s medical condition or to the patient’s rate of recovery.
- Demonstrates cultural competency and commitment to patients
- Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy of the agency
- Other duties as assigned
- LCSW Licensure in good standing
- Master’s or Doctoral degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- One (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting
- Strong clerical/administrative skills including personal computer skills (Microsoft Office software)
- Demonstrated oral/written skills in Spanish and English
Perceive the nature of sounds by the ear, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, perceive characteristics of objects through the eyes, extend arms and hands in any direction, seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hands, pick, pinch, or otherwise work with fingers, perceive such attributes of objects or materials as size, shape, temperature, or texture; and stoop, kneel crouch, and crawl. Must be able to lift 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting, carrying pushing, and pulling of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Continuous walking and standing. Must be able to identify, match, and distinguish colors. Rare lifting of greater than 100 pounds.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.