|Title:||CNA PRN - Home Health & Hospice|
|Department:||Home Health and Hospice|
|Hours per Week:||PRN|
The purpose of Minidoka Memorial Hospital is to provide and promote high-quality, compassionate, primary health care services and health education to residents of, and visitors to, the Mini-Cassia region. We provide excellent benefits and small town environment.
To assist patients with activities of daily living. In addition, this position assists the patient in the rehabilitation and healing processes while under a physician’s care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Adapt nursing care to the home environment.
- Perform as a health team member in the department.
- Report any changes to the assigned case manager.
- Provide for personal and patient safety.
- Maintain 12 hours of in-service yearly.
- Must attend meetings as required.
- Performs the following procedures:
- Ambulation-cane, walker, gait belt
- Assist patients with bowel/bladder retraining
- Bathing (tub, shower, sponge, bed bath)
- Bed making/linen change
- Care of prosthetic devices including hearing aides
- Catheter care- check tubing, pericare, attach leg bag/BSU
- Collect specimen- urine, stool, sputum
- Colostomy care- change bag, skin care
- Isolation precautions
- Personal care- bathing, dressing/undressing, hair care, oral hygiene, nail care, pericare, skin care, shaving, grooming
- Positioning and comfort measures
- Post mortem care
- Range of motion
- Restorative care functions after physical therapy instruction
- Transfer- chair/wheelchair, standing frame
- Vital signs- temperature, blood pressure, respirations
- May assist with medications placed in a mediset container by a licensed nurse if medication assistance certification is complete
- Meal preparation
- Shopping and errands
- Other duties may be assigned
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current CNA certification in the state of Idaho
- Must possess a valid Idaho Driver’s License
- Must possess a current CPR card
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Additional languages preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical exertion- walking, lifting, pulling, driving, step climbing, flexible hours and travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hand and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.