|Title:||Home Health and Hospice - RN|
|Department:||Home Health and Hospice|
|Hours per Week:||PRN|
The purpose of Minidoka Memorial Hospital is to provide and promote high-quality, compassionate, primary health care services and health education to residents of, and visitors to, the Mini-Cassia region. We are growing and looking for a Home Health and Hospice Case Manager to join our team. We provide excellent benefits and small town environment.
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the home health and hospice setting. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
- Evaluates a patient’s physical condition and develops a care plan that addresses medical needs and social services
- Provide hands-on nursing care to patients
- Helps patients manage complex medical conditions by organizing the high-quality care services
- Monitors quality of care to ensure that infection control, risk management and all other aspects of services are appropriate
- Develops care plans that suits patients’ individual goals
- Meets with patients, connects with families, and refers available community resources
- Addresses the needs of patients and their families through counseling and education efforts
- Keeps office updated on changes
- Monitors patient progress
- Maintains clear patient records
- Communicates with physicians
- Balances a caseload of multiple patients
- Performs as a team member in the department
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Idaho
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer knowledge
- At least 1 year of nursing experience
- Additional languages
Perceive the nature of sounds by the ear, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, perceive characteristics of objects through the eyes, extend arms and hands in any direction, seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hands, pick, pinch, or otherwise work with fingers, perceive such attributes of objects or materials as size, shape, temperature, or texture; and stoop, kneel crouch, and crawl. Must be able to lift 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting, carrying pushing, and pulling of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Continuous walking and standing. Must be able to identify, match, and distinguish colors. Rare lifting of greater than 100 pounds.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.