|Hours per Week:||N/A|
The purpose of Minidoka Memorial Hospital is to provide and promote high-quality, compassionate, primary health care services and health education to residents of, and visitors to, the Mini-Cassia region. We provide excellent benefits and small town environment.
A radiologist tech will possess knowledge in all terminology related to radiography, anatomy, and pathology. Will possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of patient populations.
- Able to perform standard X-ray procedures including positioning, radiation protection, and basic knowledge of X-ray production; KVP, MA and time.
- Performs specialized procedures including room set up, radiologist assist, obtain films, clean room upon completion of procedure, knowledge of proper disposal of soiled linen, sharps, and other instruments, proper aseptic technique.
- Basic knowledge of Radiation Protection and be able to implement this knowledge.
- Must have the ability to perform all secretarial and receptionist duties including scheduling, completion of paper work, filing functions and retrieval of X-ray jackets.
- Must have a positive attitude when dealing with patients and hospital staff.
- Develops a courteous and professional rapport with the Medical Staff.
- Must be able to work with all levels/ages of patients.
- Ability to explain procedures to patients and answering questions.
- Prepares equipment for use as needed.
- Preparing examination rooms for patient exams.
- Positioning patients for imaging exams.
- Monitoring patients during exams.
- Documenting information through the use of the EMR.
- Reporting important information to the physician.
- Ensuring safety of patients during exams.
- Producing diagnostic images of soft tissues.
- Using sound waves to obtain images of organs and tissues in the body.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiographic Science from an accredited educational institution.
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologist) registered or registry eligible.
- Basic Life Support Certification for healthcare providers (BLS)
- 1 year experience as an imaging tech.
- Additional modalities such as Mammo, CT, Ultrasound, and MRI
- 2+ years experience as an imaging tech
Must be able to: Perceive the nature of sounds by the ear, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, perceive characteristics of objects through the eyes, extend arms and hands in any direction, seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hands, pick, pinch, or otherwise work with fingers, perceive such attributes of objects or materials as size, shape, temperature, or texture; and stoop, kneel crouch, and crawl. Must be able to lift 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting, carrying pushing, and pulling of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Continuous walking and standing. Must be able to identify, match, and distinguish colors. Rare lifting of greater than 100 pounds